Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
C90w saving route, tracks etc
07-25-16, 05:49 AM
C90w saving route, tracks etc
I have a c90w and need to do a software update but need to save the routes, waypoints, tracks etc before updating. Unfortunately each time I try saving the information to a CF card I get a message that the Save Failed. In talking with tech support they advised using a smaller CF card (tried 512mb to 3GB cards and none worked). Not sure why this would be an issue but l've tried 4 different cards including a card from RadarMarine. Each with the same, failure to save result.

I've also tried saving with the card in / out of the card reader and with the MFD powered on and off.

Any suggestions?
Thanks
Frank
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-25-16, 04:52 PM
RE: C90w saving route, tracks etc
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Frank,

As the C-Series Widescreen MFDs are quite flexible with regard to the capacity of the CF memory cards which may be used with them, I suspect that there may be an issue with your MFD's memory card reader. Can you access tide or current data from a Navionics chart card?
07-26-16, 09:38 AM
Yes I can get both tide and current data with the navionics card inserted. I can also get the same data with the card removed.
07-26-16, 10:41 AM
Frank,

Early production C-Series Widescreen MFDs had been erroneously pre-populated with Navionics cartography to include tide and current stations. Should your MFD be able to display tide and current data with no chart card inserted within its reader, then it can be assumed that you have one of these early production MFDs. Should your MFD have been a later production MFD, then the tide/current station test would have been used to test the MFD's memory card reader, as tide/current station data would not be able to be displayed by a MFD having a memory card reader failure. Another way to test the MFD's memory card reader would be to command the MFD to save any waypoint, routes, or tracks stored within its memory to a CF memory card. Should the MFD report that it was unable to complete the save operation, then it would be recommended that the MFD be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to have its memory card read bench checked / serviced.
07-26-16, 01:05 PM
Ok thanks. The unit is being sent to the repair center
07-26-16, 01:23 PM
You're welcome.