Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ax7 series MFD alternate transducers
06-30-16, 11:41 AM
ax7 series MFD alternate transducers
Looking for more detailed info on what "older style" depth transducers the a67 can be directly connected to, presumably using the E66066 adapter cable, or other converter.
Have several sailboats using ST50/ST60 Depth display units, with their existing flush mount thru-hull depth transducers, all installed in the 1990's. I apologize for not knowing the existing transducer model numbers (yet) but hope this can be a more general thread for the ax7 series MFDs interfacing to older existing depth transducers.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-30-16, 12:44 PM (This post was last modified: 06-30-16 12:44 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: ax7 series MFD alternate transducers
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum socalsailor,

Instrument transducers cannot be adapted for use with Raymarine fishfinding products. The ax7/cx7/e7D/ex7/eSx7 MFDs are designed to be used with the transducers found here. If seeking seeking a transducer which may be used until the boat can be hauled, then you may want to consider the A80170 P79 In-Hull Fishfinder Transducer should the hull be constructed of non-cored fiberglass which is less than 1" thick in the area where the transducer's reservoir will be installed.
06-30-16, 02:35 PM (This post was last modified: 06-30-16 03:02 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thank you Chuck, and for clarifying the term "Instrument Transducer". I was gonna call them old "Analog Transducers".
Last question then on this subject- since cant use the MFD Sonar functionality with Older Instrument Transducers, in the near term it should be possible to "convert" their analog outputs to SeaTalk (using a Transducer Pod, or converter, like ITC-5) and the a67 could at least display this Depth data, correct?
06-30-16, 03:20 PM
socalsailor,

While it would be possible to interface instrument depth and speed/temp transducers to an iTC-5, an i70 MFID would be also be required. Another option would be interface the depth transducer alone to an i50 Depth or both depth and speed/temp transducers to an i50 Tridata which in turn would be interfaced to the MFD.