Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Depth Finder
07-07-16, 05:28 PM
Depth Finder
Chuck first and foremost thank you for all your help. All these new new units can be tough to get working together. I have a old 88 SeaRay with twin inboards. Back in March I had a inhull transducer (P79) installed only to find it won't work with my eS98. I don't fish but I do like to know the water temps. My question is, is there a adaptor cable to go from the eS to the connection on the cable on the P unit? Can you recommend a transducer? I'd love to have side scan, forward scan, and down scan sonar but those don't seem to be available for inboard boats. Can you make some suggestion?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-08-16, 01:52 PM
RE: Depth Finder
Seahorse,

Raymarine offers no forward looking sonar at this time. As indicated within my earlier response to one of your threads, the CHIRP/DownVision fishifnder circuitry of the ax8 MFDs, eSx8 MFDs, and CP100 is not compatible with and cannot be adapted for use with transducers designed for use with any of the following fishinding products:
- ax7/cx7/e7D/e97/eSx7 MFDs
- CP370/CP300/DSM30/300 50/200kHz Sounder Modules
- CP450C CHIRP Sounder Module
- CP470/CP570 CHIRP Sounder Modules

Should you have purchased the E66008 version of the P79 transducer, then it may be directly interfaced to a CP370 Sounder Module, which may then be networked to the eS98 MFD. Should you have purchased either the A80170 version of the P79 transducer, then it may be adapted to be interfaced to a CP370 Sounder Module, which may then be networked to the eS98 MFD. Should you have purchased the E26001-pz version of the P79 transducer, then it may be directly interfaced to an i50 Tridata Instrument, which may then be networked to the eS98 MFD. Interfacing the i50 Tridata Instrument additionally to a thru-hull or transom mounted instrument speed/temperature transducer will add both speed and temperature data to the system.

The CHIRP/DownVision fishifnder circuitry of the ax8 MFDs, eSx8 MFDs, and CP100 is exclusively compatible with CHIRP (Conical) / DownVision transducers designed for use with these products. Other transducers cannot be adapted for use with CHIRP/DownVision fishifnder circuitry of the ax8 MFDs, eSx8 MFDs, and CP100. Vessels fitted out with inboard propulsion systems would be recommended to consider one of the following thru-hull transducers (all supporting water temperature):
- E70339 CPT-S Plastic Low Profile Through Hull Transducer (CHIRP (conical) Sonar only) ... available later this summer
- E70340 CPT-S Bronze 12 Deg Low Profile Through Hull Transducer (CHIRP (conical) Sonar only) ... available later this summer
- E70341 CPT-S Bronze 20 Deg Low Profile Through Hull Transducer (CHIRP (conical) Sonar only) ... available later this summer
- E70341 CPT-110 CHIRP/DownVision Through Hull Plastic Transducer w/High Speed Fairing Block
- E70341 CPT-120 CHIRP/DownVision Through Hull Bronze Transducer w/High Speed Fairing Block
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply