Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Other networked MFD is not displaying waypoints within the Chart application.
01-19-16, 03:47 PM (This post was last modified: 02-15-19 04:22 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)

When interfaced to one another via an Ethernet network (ex. via an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable or pair of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cables which have been joined with a HS5 RayNet Network Switch, etc.), the a/c/e/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs will share all data and system resources with one another via this Ethernet network connection (exception: NTSC/PAL video). This is not so for systems which in which the MFDs to one another via a SeaTalkng/NMEA 2000 backbone instead of via an Ethernet network. As such the first steps in solving this problem are to
- ensure that the MFDs have been interfaced via Ethernet and
- ensure that both MFDs are operating with the same version of a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD software (if not, update the software of the MFD(s) accordingly with the latest a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD software).

Sharing of waypoint, route, and track data may be verified by examining the waypoint, route, and track lists of each MFD (HOME->MY DATA->WAYPOINTS / ROUTES / TRACKS). These lists should be identical.

Please note that each of the MFD's Chart application pages/panes is designed to be individually configurable with respect to the types of cartography displayed, chart orientation, chart offset, chart objects, detail, shown/hidden waypoints, routes, tracks, etc. Accordingly, each Chart application page/pane in which one desires to view show/hide waypoints will need to be configured accordingly (MENU->MY DATA->WAYPOINTS->SHOW/HIDE). The same applies to routes and tracks. It has also been determined that the show/hide attribute for waypoints is not retained between power cycles (ON->OFF->ON) on MFDs other than the Data Master MFD if the waypoint has been assigned to a Waypoint Folder/Group (other than the default group My Waypoints).

RAYFAQ#
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed