Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can an A22164 ST-STng Converter Cable be used instead of an E22158 ST-STng Converter?
07-18-16, 09:05 AM (This post was last modified: 01-11-17 01:36 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Can an A22164 ST-STng Converter Cable be used instead of an E22158 ST-STng Converter?

The SeaTalkng port of some recently introduced products (ex. i70, i50, i60, p70, p70R) are designed to support interfacing the product as a SeaTalk device or a SeaTalkng device. Such products are not designed to simultaneously support being interfaced to a SeaTalk bus and to a SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone. Such products will sense whether they have been interfaced to a SeaTalk bus or as a Spur to a SeaTalkng backbone and will configure themselves accordingly to communicate using the sensed communications protocol. Accordingly, the package of some of these products include an A22164 SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter Cable to permit the product to be installed within a SeaTalk bus either as a replacement for an existing product or an addition to the SeaTalk bus. As the A22164 SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter Cable contains no SeaTalk to SeaTalkng/NMEA 2000 processing circuitry, it may not be used to support interfacing SeaTalk devices to a SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone. Should one have a SeaTalk device(s) that will be interfaced to a SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone, then the an E22158 SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter will need to be installed as a backbone component to support bridging of data between the SeaTalk device(s) and the SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone.

Please click here to view a related FAQ.

RAYFAQ#
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed