Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ITC-5 question
08-28-16, 01:40 PM
ITC-5 question
I have a couple of questions on the ITC-5 install -
1) The ITC-5 is the terminal instrument on the Backbone - so I have the backbone connected to one of the blue connectors - I have a blue terminator in the other and a black terminator in the white -- is this correct?? or should I ditch the black terminator.

2) when connecting the DST 800 - can I connect the shield at only one point or do I need to split it and connect to both speed and depth areas ??

Thanks

Les
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-29-16, 04:10 PM
RE: ITC-5 question
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Les,

Q1) The ITC-5 is the terminal instrument on the Backbone - so I have the backbone connected to one of the blue connectors - I have a blue terminator in the other and a black terminator in the white -- is this correct?? or should I ditch the black terminator.
A1) The iTC-5 is indeed designed to be installed as a backbone component, either in the middle or at one end of the backbone (i.e. its blue backbone sockets should either be connected to a pair of SeaTalkng Backbone Cables, or to one Backbone Cable and a SeaTalkng Termination Plug.

Q2) when connecting the DST 800 - can I connect the shield at only one point or do I need to split it and connect to both speed and depth areas ??
A2) The shield lead need only be connected to one of the terminals ... either one will suffice.
08-29-16, 07:43 PM (This post was last modified: 08-30-16 08:22 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Should I remove the black terminator/blanking plug?? ( I hate leaving open sockets) I believe it came off one of the I70's which are daisy chained with the P70 at the opposite end of the backbone.

Thanks
Les
08-30-16, 08:24 AM
Les,

It is recommended that a black blanking plug be installed within any unused spur sockets within the backbone, instrument display, autopilot control head, MFDs, etc.