Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
R41XX Radar dual master display
07-20-16, 10:47 AM
R41XX Radar dual master display
Want to connect a second master display. Can't find a Dual Station Junction Box (M89367X) as per the manual. Can I substitute w/ a M92677 Antenna Relay box?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-20-16, 12:59 PM
RE: R41XX Radar dual master display
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum cgriffis,

Unfortunately, support for the long retired XX products is now quite limited ... being typically limited to directing customers to any on-line documentation for these products. That said, the M92677 Antenna Relay box may not be used as a substitute M89367X Dual Station Junction Box.
07-22-16, 10:22 AM
Thks for the clarification
07-22-16, 11:00 AM
You're welcome.
10-04-16, 09:54 PM
(07-20-16 10:47 AM)cgriffis Wrote:  Want to connect a second master display. Can't find a Dual Station Junction Box (M89367X) as per the manual. Can I substitute w/ a M92677 Antenna Relay box?
You might not need one.

When I installed my R20XX, about 23 years ago, I wanted to be able to plug in my single display either on the flybridge or the lower helm station.

Not liking the price of the junction box, I tried using a simple terminal strip and connecting all three cables together, the ones to each station and the one to the radar dome. It's worked just fine.

I suspect that there might be some damage if two displays were connected to the cables at the same time, and even more likely if they were both turned on. That's what the junction box is supposed to prevent.

But I don't use the radar that often, and don't mind carrying my one display between the stations when I do.
10-05-16, 08:35 AM
Noted.