Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DSM300 Update Necessary?
07-20-16, 11:00 AM
DSM300 Update Necessary?
I have an E120 Classic MFD that I am updating to the latest software in order to use new Navionics charts. During my research in these forums I saw that someone had said not to update my DSM300 software unless I was having issues with communications between my MFD and the DSM.

Is this true? Should I update the DSM to the latest software and bootloader if I am not having problems with it? Are there any features in the DSM300's latest update that make it worth while?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-20-16, 11:09 AM
RE: DSM300 Update Necessary?
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum OCSlick,

Q1: During my research in these forums I saw that someone had said not to update my DSM300 software unless I was having issues with communications between my MFD and the DSM.

Is this true?
A1: Yes. While it is generally recommended that all Raymarine products be maintained with the latest product software updates, this is not the case for the DSM30 and DSM300. Unless having a a communications issue between the DSM and the MFD(s), it is recommended that its software not be updated.

Q2: Should I update the DSM to the latest software and bootloader if I am not having problems with it?
A2: No.

Q3: Are there any features in the DSM300's latest update that make it worth while?
A3: No.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply