Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cpt-100
07-20-16, 04:38 PM
cpt-100
I have mounted this as low as I can and as per instructions,, I loose bottom at speed, what do i do?
move away from motor?
I also see this is loose (the mount) when mounted and they made a new model, do i need that?
Thanks Rick
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-21-16, 11:11 AM
RE: cpt-100
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Rick,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. You may also want to consider attaching some photos of the transom from different angle showing the transducer's relationship to the engine, hull bottom, other transom mounted transducer, thru-hulls, and other hull feature to aid in providing further guidance.
07-26-16, 04:54 PM (This post was last modified: 07-27-16 12:46 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Rick,
here is a pic for reference.

http://forum.raymarine.com/attachment.php?aid=433

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-27-16, 12:46 PM
Noted.
08-08-16, 06:15 AM (This post was last modified: 08-08-16 03:03 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks for the pic, i have just tried to post a pic of mine, I have it lower than yours, by alot. it should be in clean water.
Rick
08-08-16, 03:18 PM
Rick,

Lower is not necessarily better. Installing a transducer too low on the transom may increase the amount of pressure and turbulence experienced by the transducer. Such pressure may result in aeration of the transducer and premature release of or damage to the bracket. Should an imaginary line be extended from the bottom of the hull, it should intersect the leading edge of the transducer at the mold line running around the perimeter of the transducer (approximately 1/4" above the bottom of the transducer). the angle of the transducer should initially be parallel to the bottom of the hull. Should aeration continue to be experienced, then transducer angle should be adjusted by dropping its the trailing edge a notch or two. It should also be noted that the transducer appears to be located quite close to the outboard ... verify that it has been located outside of the rotation of the propeller. Finally, trim tabs can also cause aeration to occur when extended.