Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reproducible reboot with dual charts eS78
07-20-16, 01:11 PM
Reproducible reboot with dual charts eS78
I have had random reboots on my eS78 since upgrading to v17 of Lighthouse. Lately it seems to reboot whenever I use dual charts and one of them is a vector Lighthouse chart.

I've seen other responses that indicate corrupted charts are the reason, but I've updated these charts several times in the last few weeks via the Lighthouse Updater and the crashes still occur.

Video of issue is at https://youtu.be/lZig0eT1c6s
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-21-16, 12:10 PM
RE: Reproducible reboot with dual charts eS78
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Steve,

We have been unsuccessful in duplicating the reported issue. To assist our engineering team with investigating the problem, the following has been requested from MFD:
- Select Device Lists: HOME->SET-UP->MAINTENANCE->DIAGNOSTICS->SELECT DEVICE->SHOW ALL DATA->SAVE THIS DATA ... will save a file titled Diagnostics...html to the microSD memory card
- Error Logs: HOME->SET-UP->MAINTENANCE->DIAGNOSTICS->SAVE LOGS
- Screen snapshot of the Chart Selection menu (MENU->PRESENTATION->CHART SELECTION) from each of the Chart application panes within the Dual Chart page.

I would recommend that after capturing these items, that a PC be used to create compressed (zipped) folder named eS78 and that the diagnostics files, error logs, and screen snapshots generated from the steps above then be moved into the corresponding compressed (zipped) folder. These compressed (zipped) folder may then be attached to a response to this thread.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply