Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
T104 Super Sailing System, wind not working
07-22-16, 09:55 AM
T104 Super Sailing System, wind not working
Some time ago, I bought a T104 system. First finding, the wind display did not show wind speed and direction. The rest of the system seemed to work so the wind part was sent back for trouble shooting. First response was the they could not make it work so we were discussing replacing the wind part of the system, but then I got a message that the parts now worked, so I decided to get the original parts back. Everything still worked when I got the parts back so I had the masthead transducer (T120) installed. It worked for some time, I would say a few weeks or so, then nothing.
I am pretty sure that it is the masthead transmitter that is not working because the instrument communicates with the speed/depth instrument via micronet. The wind transmitter is at the masthead, so I would prefer having a known good replacement in hand so that only on trip to the head of the mast is necessary. What are my options here?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-15-16, 03:29 PM
RE: T104 Super Sailing System, wind not working
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum hbnielsen,

First thing we want to do with Raymarine wireless/Tack tick is make sure all units in the system are fully charged including the Hull transmitter and wireless interface. Low power in the Hull transmitter or the wireless interface can cause communication issues with the system. The typical recommended charging time is 48-72 hours continuous. You can also check the charge status of the Hull transmitter and wireless interface by entering the set up menu and then selecting the Health Chapter. Once in the health scrolling to the right will show the items and their Battery status.

The next thing to check is the Frequency of the System. When the unit powers up it should show 916 indicating 916Mhz which the units operate on here in North America.

If the power is good and it is set to 916 and still does not work, then the product will need to be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced. It would appear the masthead has a intermittent failure. It would be either the battery or a component failure in the T120. We would recommend sending it to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced. .
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply