Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a65 Touch Screen set up
07-24-16, 02:51 PM
a65 Touch Screen set up
Hello, I recently purchased a new boat (2015 model) that has a A65 mulitfuction touchscreen display. After spending countless hours reading about the capabilities of this little unit I wanted to try some of them. I would like to hook up a fish finder and I would like to hook it up to my mercruiser 5.0 MPI. However I am very confused when I start reading about how to go about this. First I would like to know what cables or starter kit I would need to purchase to get the engine talking to the Raymarine display. Then how do I go about adding the fish finder. Like I stated before, I have searched and searched, I found all kinds of info but still not sure exactly what I would need. It seems like it would be a pretty nice set up if I can figure it out. Thanks for the help
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-26-16, 08:53 AM (This post was last modified: 07-26-16 08:58 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: a65 Touch Screen set up
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Will,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. It is quite likely that your engine supports Mercury Marine's SmartCraft communications technology. If so, then a SmartCraft to NMEA 2000 Gateway would need to be purchased from a Mercury Marine dealer along within any other SmartCraft networking components required to connect the SmartCraft to NMEA 2000 Gateway to the engine system. The SmartCraft to NMEA 2000 Gateway may be interfaced to the SeaTalkng backbone via an A06075 1m DeviceNet (F) to SeaTalkng Spur Cable. Questions concerning how to connect the SmartCraft to NMEA 2000 Gateway to your boat's engine system should be addressed to Mercury Marine.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply