Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CP 200 settings and use
07-26-16, 12:42 PM
CP 200 settings and use
I would like to know how to set the range and ping rate for different depths. Last night fist time using this I left the rate at 100 and set the rnge for the next deepest setting but I think I need to change the range for a better look to the side. I could not find this in all of the information in the box. Is there a tutorial or video on how to optimize the unit??
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-28-16, 02:36 PM
RE: CP 200 settings and use
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum ubettcha,

I'm not aware of any you-tube video addressing configuration of CP200. Onboard my own boat, I have always let the CP200 determine the ping rate. As far as range is concerned, should I be trying to locate a structure I will typically start ranged well out. After locating the structure of interest and begin closing on the structure I will reduce the range to provide the greatest level of detail. If the starboard side of the boat will be passing the structure I will configure the settings to only show imagery from the starboard transducer elements, thereby maximizing the detail displayed on the MFD's screen. Such settings are generally determined through experience gained though trial an error.
07-29-16, 12:18 PM
"well out" is that double the depth triple etc??
Thx
07-29-16, 01:57 PM (This post was last modified: 07-29-16 02:00 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
ubettcha,

I have not been setting my range based on depth, but rather on how far to the right and left of the vessel that I would like to search. If it helps, the beam angle of the each of the transducer's two elements is 60 degrees. When in center position, the beam will typically sweep from parallel to the surface to an angle approximately 60 degrees downward from the surface.
07-29-16, 07:35 PM
So now that I have that answered(thx) in 30' of water what would the resolution of fish targets at 240' per side. Could I determine 25# bass would pogies or herring be just a mass or would they have singular targets if not in a bait ball?? Short of taking a rep fishing I would like to get up to speed as fast as possible thank you in advance
08-08-16, 11:06 AM
ubettcha,

Imaged targets would appear as individual targets. You may find some photos of bait [censored] within the screen captures found here. You may also find some videos of addressing the CP200 found [url=You may find some photos of bait [censored] within the screen captures found here.
08-09-16, 04:19 PM
Right now when I have regular sonaron my A68 and side scan on the A78 split screen with the chart. My sonar shows targets much sooner than the side scan why?? Up to a 15 second delay so far.
08-10-16, 12:57 PM (This post was last modified: 08-10-16 12:59 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
ubettcha,

Your system appears to be functioning in a manner which is similar to my own. Conical and DownVision sonar reach out in all directions, most notably forward in this case, 30 degrees from vertical. In contrast, SideVision produces an image from very thin fore/aft sonar return, with the primary sonar energy being transmitted perpendicular to the boat's centerline. As such, it is certainly possible to have conical and DownVision sonar detect targets before SideVision will detect them ... depth of water and speed of the vessel will be variables in determining the delay which may be experienced.