Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2004 - SL70C Radar Pathfinder
07-26-16, 04:19 PM
2004 - SL70C Radar Pathfinder
Hello,

New to boating and this forum but like to ask a question regarding my radar system. I have a 2004 340 Sundancer and have the SL70c Pathfinder Radar system with autopilot. Its an older system and I'd like ask two questions.

1. Are there cards to update the maps in the system (I saw on this site there are no software upgrades available)

2. Can I upgrade the screen to a new system but still use the existing hardware the boat currently.

With maps and technology being updated on a almost daily basis it would be nice to have that on the boat but... not have to re-buy everything and save a few bucks along the way.

Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-27-16, 02:57 PM
RE: 2004 - SL70C Radar Pathfinder
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum murphdogg95,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.

Q1. Are there cards to update the maps in the system (I saw on this site there are no software upgrades available).
A1. The hsb/hsb2/SL Pathfinder Series Chartplotters do not feature pre-loaded cartography. They are dependent upon having a compatible chart card (see the referenced FAQ) present within the display's RayChart reader to display detailed cartography. During the period that these displays had been sold, it was not possible to update the cartography stored on C-Cards. It is accordingly recommended that C-Map be contacted to determine whether this remains the case.

Q2. Can I upgrade the screen to a new system but still use the existing hardware the boat currently.
A2. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply