Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
E7D - selecting the active pane
07-27-16, 01:32 PM (This post was last modified: 07-27-16 01:49 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
E7D - selecting the active pane
My system:
E7D
HD color radar
SPX-5 pilot
AIS 650

When in split screen of chart and radar, how do you switch to one or the other being active using only buttons and knobs. No touch screen. My instructions say there is a sub menu called cycle app. I dont have such. When i hold menu button it goes back to home and exits split screen. Disp ver 16.47
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-27-16, 01:48 PM
RE: E7D issue
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Mark,

Unlike the larger e-Series MFDS, the 7" e-Series MFDs do not feature a button / command sequence to support switching while the MFD's Touch Lock feature is OFF. Should the MFD's Touch Lock feature be configured to ON, then the menus of split screen pages will include a CYCLE APP menu item. Should the MFD's Touch Lock feature be configured OFF, then the active app selected via a brief touch to the pane in which the operator desires to interact.
07-27-16, 02:54 PM (This post was last modified: 07-27-16 04:21 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: E7D - selecting the active pane
What happens when the touchscreen is not working and I have to resort to knobs? This happens frequently. If i read this right, then Im outta luck changing active panes? I was the impression that everything could be done by knobs and buttons..
07-27-16, 04:20 PM (This post was last modified: 07-27-16 04:21 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Mark,

Not so ... should the Touch Lock feature be configured to ON, then the menus of split screen pages will include a CYCLE APP menu item. Correspondingly, should your MFD's touch screen not be functioning correctly, then configure the Touch Lock ON and use the MFD's buttons to control it. As such workarounds are not always always convenient, the better solution may be to have the MFD serviced to address the problems which you have identified with its touchscreen and controls.
07-27-16, 04:58 PM (This post was last modified: 07-28-16 08:35 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Okay...thanks. Nashua will see this plotter in Oct after i get home.
07-28-16, 08:36 AM
You're welcome.