Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DST800 with iTC-5 and e7D no speed
08-09-16, 11:35 AM (This post was last modified: 08-09-16 11:51 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: DST800 with iTC-5 and e7D no speed
OK. Can you please tell me what is the best way to connect my setup right now.
I have:

-DST800 connected to
-iTC-5
-e7D

I think I have all necessary cables, terminators, etc. How to connect all this devices properly? To where I need to connect 12V power?
Here is my current diagram http://forum.raymarine.com/attachment.php?aid=474
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-09-16, 11:49 AM (This post was last modified: 08-09-16 11:53 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
antyukhin,

Your diagram includes a picture of an i70 MFID rather than an e7D MFD. Please note that the i70 MFIDs have been replaced with the i70s MFIDs. Depending upon where the i70s MFID will be installed, you may need to either simply add an additional spur sockets to your SeaTalkng backbone or extend your SeaTalkng backbone. The easiest way to add a socket to the SeaTalkng backbone would be to replace the SeaTalkng T-Piece shown within your diagram with an A06064 SeaTalkng 5-Way Connector. Alternatively second A06028 SeaTalkng T-Piece may be connected to the currently installed SeaTalkng T-Piece via an appropriate length of SeaTalkng Backbone Cable. The white spur socket of the i70s MFID would then be interfaced to the added SeaTalkng spur socket of the SeaTalkng 5-Way Connector or SeaTalkng T-Piece via an appropriate length of SeaTalkng Spur Cable.
08-15-16, 04:26 PM
After installation of i70s and calibration everything is working right now. Thank you.
08-16-16, 08:57 AM
antyukhin,

You're welcome.
08-25-16, 08:52 AM
If you do not have the i70 /i70s in a system with the e7 and the itc would a system that has the depth, speed, and wind transducer installed still give you correct data?
I understand you will not be able to calibrate the devices or set alarms.
Without the itc do you get erratic transducer data on the e7.
Is it a correct statement to say, if you plan to use the itc device you must have the i70/i70s in the system as well.

Thanks
George
08-25-16, 09:15 AM (This post was last modified: 08-25-16 12:24 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
George,

Q1) If you do not have the i70 /i70s in a system with the e7 and the itc would a system that has the depth, speed, and wind transducer installed still give you correct data?
A1) Not likely, particularly with regard to wind, speed, and temp data.

Q2) Without the itc do you get erratic transducer data on the e7.
A2) It is not expected that you would get any meaningful wind data without calibration of the wind transducer via an i70 / i70S MFID. For the other data items, it is expected that they would be stable when subject to the same environmental stimulus (i.e. depth below transducer, paddlewheel rotation, water temperature). Speed transducers have non-linear error associated with them and as such they are most accurate at the speed(s) which they have been calibrated. As the i70 / i70S support multi-point speed calibration, greater accuracy would be achieved across a wider range of speeds than would be supported by the single point speed calibration supported by i40/i50 speed sensing instruments.

Q3) Is it a correct statement to say, if you plan to use the itc device you must have the i70/i70s in the system as well.
A3) Yes, for the reasons stated above. That said, the corresponding data items will otherwise be populated with the un-calibrated data. It is additionally true that you must have an i70/i70S within the system if it includes a DST800 Smart Transducer.

Note: it may be necessary to use the Data Sources feature to specify the iTC-5 as the system's depth and speed data source.