Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CPT-120 bent now broken pin.
08-03-16, 11:51 AM (This post was last modified: 08-03-16 12:47 PM by Qsilverrdc.)
CPT-120 bent now broken pin.
So I finally had some time to get my CPT-120 transducer cable pulled thru the boat and up to the es128.
Everything was good except I somehow bent pin enough that it would not plug in. I tried to gently straiten the pin but it snapped off.

Questions.
1: Is the pin used? (see image)
2: If the pin is used, what options are available?
3: Does the manufacture of the CPT-120 use a consistent color scheme?
4: What is the connector style / number, so if I choose to replace the damaged end I may replace with a proper solder pin design?

Thanks Richard

http://forum.raymarine.com/attachment.php?aid=476

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-03-16, 03:45 PM
RE: CPT-120 bent now broken pin.
Hello Richard,
Sorry to hear of your unfortunate issue.
Unfortunately, the pin broken is the 200 kHz channel. Please see the attached pdf.
Furthermore, Raymarine's warranty doesn't allow you to cut or splice fishfinder transducer cables, it voids the warranty.
As the pin is already broken, the warranty has been voided, therefore your options are:
A) Buy a new CPT-120 transducer (A80350) and re-run the cable again.
B) Buy an extension cable, (A80273) and splice the two together. This option as pointed out earlier is not recommended nor supported by Raymarine.

Attached File(s)
.pdf  Transducer Connector Pinout (2).pdf (Size: 21.2 KB / Downloads: 578)
08-03-16, 03:59 PM (This post was last modified: 09-23-19 09:09 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: CPT-120 bent now broken pin.
A) is out of the question.
B) I understand.
C) You didn't respond to but I would prefer to replace just a connector, if possible. What is the connector type (brand) and design number?
Pinning a new connector is a better option for me then splicing.