Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Integration from Brookhouse to MFD
08-12-16, 02:12 PM
Integration from Brookhouse to MFD
I have an SG3, ST6001, ST50+ instruments, GPS, AIS all interfaced and working via wifi from a Brookhouse iMux to my iPad.

Is there a way to use the Brookhouse to get the data either via wifi or direct connect to the e165 MFD to allow me to get wind, speed, depth, AIS and GPS data to the MFD?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-12-16, 02:31 PM
RE: Integration from Brookhouse to MFD
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Lazybones,

The Wi-Fi equipped a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs are not designed to support reception of such data via their Wi-Fi communications interface. As these MFDs are designed to communicate with such devices via the MFD's SeaTalkng communications interface, it is recommended that a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter be used to interface the devices which you have listed to a powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng backbone to which the data master a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD has been interfaced as a spur.
08-12-16, 02:44 PM
Thank you Chuck:

Would a NMEA 0183 direct connection to the MFDs NMEA 0183 input, not using WiFi, allow the data to be received by the MFD? Wind, Speed, Depth, GPS, AIS?
08-12-16, 07:40 PM
Lazybones,

Should the iMUX transmit all of these data items via its NMEA 0183 output port at 38400 BAUD, then the NMEA 0183 output of the iMUX may indeed be interfaced to the MFD's NMEA 0183 input port. However, this would address supplying the autopilot with navigational data to support use of its Track mode feature. Should this mode of the autopilot be required, then it would be recommended that the MFD be interfaced to the SeaTalk bus via SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converters as initially stated.