Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Navionics Live Chart
08-11-16, 07:47 AM
Navionics Live Chart
I purchased a C127 this spring. I just purchased a new Navionics Platinum+ chip. I did the complete updates to the chip. I followed the instructions for turning on Live Chart (Menu/Depths & Contours/Sonar Logs [ON]... Presentation/Advanced Options/... However, none of the options to turn Live Chart on are available, they are all grayed out. I am able to select the new chart and can display it on my C127, but I still can't utilize Live Chart option. I have updated all of the software for all of my Raymarine products (as of 8/10/16). I backed up my data and did a settings reset and the Live Chart options are still grayed out. I vaguely recall during the initial set up of the C127 saying NO to the option to allow the C127 to overwrite or write to my sonar logs; however, I am not sure if this could be causing the problem of not being able to turn Live Chart on or not. Do you have any ideas of how I might correct the problem?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-11-16, 08:01 AM
RE: Navionics Live Chart
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum MAK1377,

The Navionics+, Navionics HotMaps Platinum, and Navionics Platinum Plus chart cards include one year of Navionics Freshest Data Updates from the time that the chart card is registered via the Navionics web site. In order to use the Sonar Charts Live feature, the Navionics+, Navionics HotMaps Platinum, or Navionics Platinum Plus chart card must first be plugged into your computer's SD memory card slot, registered via the Navionics website, and must have received a Freshest Data updates to the card's Nautical and Sonar Charts. See the Navionics website for details concerning how to install Freshest Data updates onto your chart card.
08-16-16, 07:02 PM
Chuck and MAK1377,
I had the same problem. I got the Sonar Chart Live function to work using the same work-around advised for other Navionics issues in other threads:
Go through the My Data menu and eject the Navionics card. (You don't have to physically remove and replace.) Then go back to the chart menus and the Sonar Chart Live options will be active.
Hope this helps.
08-17-16, 08:12 AM (This post was last modified: 08-17-16 08:13 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Dave,

Good point. As long as the Chart card has been updated with Freshest Data updates, the workaround which Dave has suggested is valid.
08-28-16, 06:33 PM
I contacted Tech Support and that was their recommendation and it worked. However, I have to do this every time I start up my C127. It works but this isn't how it's supposed to work. Is there a permanent solution to this issue? Is this something that can be incorporated into a future update perhaps?
08-29-16, 12:06 PM
MAK1377,

Raymarine has previously logged the problem discussed within this thread to seek its correction within the next a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD software update.