Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
C90W SeaTalk
08-10-16, 09:30 PM
C90W SeaTalk
The C90W on my sailboat is on it's last leg, the power/data outlet has broke loose on the back and several softkeys do not work (power/data outlet circuit board is no longer available). But, it does still function if you get lucky and the outlet pins lines up.
I got a used replacement C90W on line. The replacement does not talk to the instruments, but everything else seems to function. Both have v2.35 and I performed a factory reset on both to make sure I was testing similar MFD's. I switch out MFD's on the boat, the old one will show SOG on the speed display instrument so the network is okay. The new one shows SOG on the MFD, but shows dashes on the speed display instrument. Is there a function in the SeaTalk system set up that needs to be turned on that may be on one but not the other? Or did I buy a unit that needs repair?

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-12-16, 03:08 PM
RE: C90W SeaTalk
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum GBay360,

The port of a C-Series Widescreen MFD is not only responsible for supplying power to the MFD, but it is also responsible for SeaTalk communications. Assuming that no cabling changes occurred when swapping the MFDs, then it would appear that there is a fault within the replacement C-Series Widescreen MFD's SeaTalkng communications circuitry. Before assuming such, it is recommended that it be determined whether the other SeaTalk devices are communicating with one another.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply