Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wireless T101 System - No Wind Displayed
08-17-16, 03:40 PM
Wireless T101 System - No Wind Displayed
Hi,

I installed a T101 wireless wind system about a month ago and successfully auto-networked it with an existing RaceMaster. This provided me with AWA and AWS on the Analogue Display as well as apparent wind data on the RaceMaster.

This setup worked until I tried to introduce a hull transmitter for true wind (wired into my existing ST60 transducer) into the system.

Once the hull transmitter had a chance to charge, I re-ran the auto-network process, the new hull transmitter was found by the RaceMaster (the chosen display), everything seemed fine and as I was on a mooring I decided I would test the speed and true wind integration another day...

Upon my next return to the boat, the wind display would no longer display any wind data...wind display pages show "--" and cannot seem to find the wind transducer. When I enter the health pages on both the MN-100 wireless display or the RaceMaster, no wind transducer is found.

I removed the hull transmitter (physically and at a distance) from the system and re-ran the auto-networking process with no success.

Please provide any assistance possible to try and remedy this situation as the next step is a trip up the mast to remove the wireless wind transducer.

Thanks

Blane Boynton
see ticket #182349 opened with Raymarine support
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-18-16, 11:26 AM
RE: Wireless T101 System - No Wind Displayed
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum brboynton,

Based upon the symptoms reported, we believe that the vessel's masthead transmitter has failed, necessitating that it be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.
08-18-16, 01:27 PM (This post was last modified: 08-19-16 07:27 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thank you for the quick response. I will follow the return directions for servicing the unit.

-BB
08-19-16, 07:27 AM
You're welcome.