Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the most appropriate 'Drive Type' setting for an Octopus Type S drive unit?
08-15-16, 09:41 PM
What is the most appropriate 'Drive Type' setting for an Octopus Type S drive unit?
I have a 25' cruiser with a 30hp kicker that is used for trolling on Lake Michigan. I recently purchased a Raymarine EV-200 autopilot system and mated it to an Octopus Type S drive unit. The autopilot system controls only the kicker, not my main sterndrive.

What is the most appropriate 'Drive Type' setting for this drive when configuring my p70R control head? The two best contenders seem to be the 'Sport Pilot' and 'Wheel Drive' settings. At first it seemed as though the 'Sport Pilot' would be the best selection, but something with this setting did not seem to mesh well and I changed it to be 'Wheel Pilot' and this seemed to be the better choice. What setting is recommended by Raymarine for this drive unit?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-16-16, 10:02 AM
RE: What is the most appropriate 'Drive Type' setting for an Octopus Type S drive unit?
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum pkell,

The Octopus drive essentially performs a similar function to a mechanical linear drive and the drive type should be configured accordingly.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply