Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1st Gen Dragonfly 7 - how do you show the time?
08-16-16, 12:38 PM
1st Gen Dragonfly 7 - how do you show the time?
I have been using the Dragonfly for the last couple of summers, and one thing still baffles me. I can set the time format in the setup menu, but cannot for the life of me figure out how to display the time on the screen. Also was curious if the gps coords and bearing can be disabled from the chart screen. Its not a big deal, but I often do not need that data displayed. Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-16-16, 04:28 PM (This post was last modified: 08-22-16 04:42 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: 1st Gen Dragonfly 7 - how do you show the time?
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Warren,

Unlike the more capable a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs which have been interfaced to a CP100 CHIRP/DownVision Sounder Module or the ax8 MFDs or eSx8 MFDs, the Dragonfly displays do not feature user configurable databoxes. The databoxes of the Dragonfly displays are hard-coded to display the data items which you see. Local Time may only be displayed within the Tide and Current screens. The display's GPS Status dialog is designed to display UTC date/time rather than local time.
08-17-16, 10:31 AM
Well, at least I am not nuts. I was really having my doubts. This would be a great (and presumably simple) feature, although I wear watch it is nice to be able to just glance at the fishfinder screen when trying to keep track of when to be home for supper.
08-17-16, 12:19 PM
You're welcome.
08-17-16, 03:25 PM
I guess I should ask if upgrading to a Pro is an option. Does it use the same mount? Same transducer? If so, any option to purchase only the main unit directly from Raymarine? I really like the Dragonfly features, and it fits perfectly in between the gauges in my boat. I would really like to take advantage of SonarChart Live.
08-18-16, 08:13 AM
Warren G.

Raymarine offers and adapter permitting the Dragonfly 6/7 power/transducer cables to be mated to Dragonfly 4, 5, and new 7 designs. Regarding SonarChart Live, Please click here to view a thread in which I recently addressed this subject.