Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transfer waypoints
11-14-16, 11:10 AM
Transfer waypoints
I am upgrading from an SL70RC Plus to an ES97. I currently have many way points stored on the SL70. Is there a way to transfer these way points to the new ES97 unit? Note that the SL70 uses Cmap and the ES97 will have Navionics cards.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-16-16, 03:40 PM
RE: Transfer waypoints
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Mbayuk,

Unfortunately, unlike MFD designs which preceded the a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs, the a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs do not support waypoint/route transfer via their NMEA 0183 interfaces. Also, the waypoint/route file format utilized by the hsb/hsb2/SL Pathfinder Series Displays is a C-Map proprietary format while waypoint/route/track file format supported by the a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs is the somewhat universally supported GPX file format. This would typically rule out having a customer transfer such data via file from a hsb/hsb2/SL Pathfinder Series Display to an a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD. In this case should you export your waypoint/route data to a C-Map 128kb User Card and then send the User Card to my attention via Raymarine’s Product Repair Center, then I may be able to produce a GPX file containing your waypoint and route data from the data stored on the C-Map User Card.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply