Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ES7 Autopilot Feature
08-31-16, 04:42 PM
ES7 Autopilot Feature
Hi I have a ES7 MFD interfaced with my C120 classic and my Ray marine Autopilot vintage 2004. I have the autopilot feature turned on the ES7 and it brings up bar showing the autopilots- rudder angle and two buttons stdby and Auto to control the autopilot on/off from the MFD.
Is there another screen or setup on the MFD to also have the ability to change course like I have on the Autopilot display itself as (+/- 1 degree or +/- 10 degrees) ? If not is it something which could be added in the next update. Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-01-16, 09:09 AM
RE: ES7 Autopilot Feature
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum E.hatch2086,

Unlike the Autopilot Controls feature of the a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs, the Autopilot Controls feature of the retired A/C/E-Series Classic MFDs, C/E-Series Widescreen MFDs, and G-Series GPM400 was limited to engaging the autopilot's Auto, Track, and Standby modes. The Autopilot Controls feature of the retired A/C/E-Series Classic MFDs, C/E-Series Widescreen MFDs, and G-Series GPM400 did not support dodge commands (i.e. +1, -1, +10, -10). As these MFDs have been retired for several years, no further software updates are expected for these MFDs.
09-04-16, 09:40 AM
Thanks for info ,based on your reply am I correct in understanding that the dodge feature is available on the ES7?
If so is there a different wiring configuration I need to have for this feature to work on the ES7 with my Raymarine auto pilot as having the auto pilot wired direct to the ES7.
Presently my auto pilot and instruments are wired to the C120, Right now the ES7 is interfaced to the C120 via sea talk to nema 183 output converter which allowed me to use the internal ES7 GPS to send position info to the C120 per your response to an earlier post . This configuration also allowed the instrument data to show up on the ES7 as well as as the basic autopilot features on/standby.
09-13-16, 08:49 AM (This post was last modified: 09-13-16 08:49 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
E.hatch2086@cox.net,

Negative. The Autopilot Control's Dodge feature of LightHouse software is not supported in conjunction with Raymarine autopilots which have been interfaced to the SeaTalkng backbone via a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter.