Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any R4 Details?
09-01-16, 11:52 AM
Any R4 Details?
Does anyone have more information on this R4 update? It appears that v.17 of the MFD software from May is R4 ready, but the Evo and sensor and P70s have to be updated. But the "Download Now" takes you to the v.17 download page. I can probably get the files I need, but I'm looking for some details on:

- 9-axis gyro stabilization of wind and navigation data
- Increased accuracy and responsiveness
- Evolution TrackIQâ„¢ for tighter track-keeping and acquisition
- Improved interface and calibration

There's also the note "Enhanced integration with popular Autopilot Joystick Controller and solenoid drive systems." What joystick controller is this talking about? I'd LOVE to get a STNG joystick - is there such a thing coming?

Lulu: 36' Little Harbor WhisperJet
Raymarine: Axiom 12 RV, RV200, Axiom 12 Pro, Evo 1/ACU 150/P70RS, Quantum Q24C, HS5
---previous----
Refugio: 44' trawler
Raymarine: ACU-400, EV-1, P70R, a78, M81105 RFU, ST60 RAI, E22158 ST-STNG
NMEA 2000: Garmin 740S & GMR18 HD, Airmar WS-200WX, Actisense NGT-1
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-01-16, 01:12 PM (This post was last modified: 09-01-16 03:49 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Any R4 Details?
Keith,

As Raymarine is currently investigating waypoint arrival issues which appear to have arisen between Garmin NMEA 2000 MFD/chartplotting products which have been interfaced via a NMEA 2000/SeaTalkng communications backbone to Evolution autopilots running R4 software, it is recommended that such customers not update the Evolution autopilot software to R4 at this time.

R4 Evolution autopilot software updates:

P70/P0R

v3.07 August 2016
Corrects a text error on the Restart Compass page caused by Language translation
Corrects transposition of Response Levels; Leisure & Cruising for Chinese language
Variation entered in User Preferences is now applied locally and globally on the STng bus. This corrects a problem introduced in v3.05 whereby the Evolution Pilot, if interfaced to a Seatalk1 Chart Plotter via a STng converter, would not enter Track Mode and alarm "No Navigation Data". If the system has this issue, set the Variation to ON and apply the local variation for that region. Variation can also be set on an i70. If Variation is already present on the STng network the p70 controller will revert to Slave and the problem will not occur.
v3.06 June 2016
Support for running Hardware Changes
v3.05 May 2016
Track Acquisition & Track Keeping enhancements
Vane mode – Wind steering Performance enhancements
Compass Linearisation Progress Bar included
Windshift Alarm improvements – including the ability to switch off
Enhanced Compass Calibration Routine for EV Sensor

-----------------------

EV-1 /EV-2:

v2.17 May 2016
Track Acquisition & Track Keeping enhancements
Vane mode – Wind steering Performance enhancements
Autotack improvements
Windshift Alarm improvements – including the ability to switch off
Enhanced Compass Calibration Routine for EV Sensor
NMEA2000 improvements
NOTE : Dependant products must be on;
p70/p70R software on v3.05 or higher
ACU software on v2.17 or higher

----------------------

ACU

2.17 May 2016
Note:
The EV-1 MUST also be upgraded to v2.17 or higher
The EV-1 must also be upgraded FIRST
The P70/P70R must be upgraded to v3.05 or higher
ACU300 Solenoid drive steering improvements to reduce helm oscillation & over activity
Joystick Operation improvements ... this is a reference to the SeaTalk (not SeaTalkng joystick)
NMEA2000 improvements
09-01-16, 03:31 PM (This post was last modified: 09-01-16 03:50 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hi Chuck:

You must have spotted that Garmin MFD in my signature! OK, I can hold off - will you let me know when it's safe to update?

Oh, and do you have any detailed information on what exactly R4 is adding / changing? I'm particularly interested in the wind data inclusion though I suspect that might be for Sailboats only. And that Joystick!

Lulu: 36' Little Harbor WhisperJet
Raymarine: Axiom 12 RV, RV200, Axiom 12 Pro, Evo 1/ACU 150/P70RS, Quantum Q24C, HS5
---previous----
Refugio: 44' trawler
Raymarine: ACU-400, EV-1, P70R, a78, M81105 RFU, ST60 RAI, E22158 ST-STNG
NMEA 2000: Garmin 740S & GMR18 HD, Airmar WS-200WX, Actisense NGT-1
09-01-16, 03:58 PM (This post was last modified: 09-01-16 03:58 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Keith,

Q1: Will you let me know when it's safe to update?
A1: Correction of the problem would be included with a software update ... accordingly, it is recommended that customers register on Raymarine's website to receive notices from Raymarine ... such notices include product software updates.

Q2. Oh, and do you have any detailed information on what exactly R4 is adding / changing? I'm particularly interested in the wind data inclusion though I suspect that might be for Sailboats only. And that Joystick!
A2. See the prior response regarding detailed information. Such information may be found within the software update history tables of each product's software update web page. While any feature using heading data will benefit from stabilized heading data, the wind data associated with many performance sailing feature were the primary beneficiary of the update. See my prior response ... Raymarine has not introduced a SeaTalkng joystick.