Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A50D
09-03-16, 06:13 PM
A50D
The speed over ground (SOG) reading in my A50D is in knots.Can you tell me how to change it to mph.Bear in mind that I'm an electronic dummy so please keep it simple.David Altenbern
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-06-16, 03:45 PM
RE: A50D
Hello Captndavy,
In order to change the speed over ground (SOG) reading in your A50D from knots to mph, please perform the following:

Press and hold the Page/Menu button until the "setup" menu appears
--->Choose "System Setup"
--->Choose "Units Setup"
Change Speed units from knots to mph by right arrow over, highlight mph then press "OK"
Press "Cancel" three times to exit to main menu.
09-19-16, 05:54 PM (This post was last modified: 09-20-16 10:55 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I tried this. From system setup I arrowed right and there's no units setup option there.Please help.
09-20-16, 12:41 PM
Davey.

I have confirmed that the command sequence for an A-Series Classic MFD operating with the final release of software for this product family (i.e. v1.24) is MENU->SYSTEM SETUP->UNITS SETUP. In the case of MFDs with smaller screens, the entire menu list may not be shown within the available screen area, necessitating the the menu list be scrolled to view menu options located toward the end of the menu list.
09-21-16, 05:13 PM (This post was last modified: 09-22-16 08:55 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
OK Got it!!!!!!!!!! Thank you very much.
09-22-16, 08:55 AM
You're welcome.
09-29-16, 07:22 PM (This post was last modified: 10-03-16 09:28 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
OK Next. I also run paddlewheel speed on my databar.Is there a way to adjust that reading so it coincides with my SOG READING.?
10-03-16, 09:28 AM
Davey,

The Speed Offset configuration setting may be found within the MFD's Transducer Settings (MENU->FISHFINDER SET-UP->TRANSDUCER SETTINGS->SPEED OFFSET). The MFD does not offer a feature to set Speed to SOG. It is recommended that the Speed Offset be applied under slack current conditions, where the offset may be adjusted until the value reported for Speed matches that of SOG. As paddlewheel speed through water sensors have non-linear error associated with them, the reported speed will be most accurate at the speed at which the sensor is calibrated. Accordingly, if seeking accuracy when trolling, the the vessel should be operated at trolling speed when adjusting the Speed Offset to match SOG.