Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raymarine System Upgrade Recommendations
09-06-16, 05:59 PM
Raymarine System Upgrade Recommendations
I have a 46' trawler with all Raymarine electronics. I started with an E120 MFD, and added a the radome scanner RD218. Then added a CAM 100, AIS 500, depth sounder that plays with the DSM30 and a C140W. Most recently upgraded my GPS to Raystar 130 and autopilot to the Evolution series.
I was not happy that my C140W was not compatible with the RD218 so I'm looking to be a little smarter with my next upgrade.
My question - Is there a new Raymarine radar unit that will play with my C140W and a replacement for my aging E120? What would you recommend for the replacement of my E120 and current radar?
Appreciate any input.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-08-16, 02:46 PM
RE: Raymarine System Upgrade Recommendations
Hello Mistertj,
Unfortunately the issue with your radome scanner RD218 is that it is an analog radar. The entire industry went away from analog radar and the end of 2009.
A current compatible radar for either your E140W or say an eS127 to replace your E120 MFD would be the Raymarine Digital and HD Colour Radome Radars.
The NEW Raymarine QUANTUM Chip Pulse radar would only work with Raymarine's third generation MFD's (including the eS127) and not with the E140W.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply