Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ST60 wind display
09-06-16, 08:23 PM
ST60 wind display
I have a 12+ year old ST60 wind instrument and masthead transducer. The ST60 displays wind direction properly, but displays 0.0 for wind speed. I also have a ST60 graphic display at the nav station which displays both wind speed and direction properly.

This leads me to think there may be an issue with the instrument and not the transducer. If this turns out to be the case, is an i60 wind instrument a compatible replacement for the ST60 display.

Thanks for your assistance with this issue.

Steve
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-08-16, 03:02 PM
RE: ST60 wind display
Hi Steve,
Yes, the i60 wind instrument is a compatible replacement for the ST60 display.
That being said, what you are stating is a little strange, whereas the master ST60 wind instrument is responsible for putting the information out on the Seatalk bus, one would expect to see the same values on a repeater, such as the ST60 graphic display. So if the ST60 wind displays 0.0 for speed, that is what you should see on the Graphic, unless perhaps you have one or the other set to true rather than apparent, and you have speed through the water, then I could see otherwise.
What happens when you set both displays for apparent wind speed?
09-09-16, 03:28 PM (This post was last modified: 09-09-16 03:45 PM by Mark - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hi Mark,

It is a little strange. And I'm not sure about next steps. But both instruments are set to apparent wind. When I switched both to true wind, I got the same results.

Any ideas?

Steve
09-09-16, 03:55 PM
Okay, can you take a picture of both displays set for apparent wind speed and upload to this thread?
09-10-16, 06:28 PM (This post was last modified: 09-12-16 01:41 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Mark:

Attached are the requested pictures. They were taken within a couple of seconds of each other so there is a slight variation in the wind angle.

Thanks,

Steve
09-12-16, 02:02 PM (This post was last modified: 09-12-16 02:03 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Steve,

Thanks for providing the requested photos. Your ST60 Wind Instrument has been configured to display VMG rather than wind data. You may find information concerning how to display the different data items supported by the instrument within the ST60 Wind & Close Hauled Wind Instrument Owner’s Handbook.
09-12-16, 08:51 PM (This post was last modified: 09-13-16 09:06 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hi Chuck,

Thanks for catching the VMG on the instrument. That setting is not used often and I obviously missed it on the display. I'll be back on the boat in a couple of days and will change the setting.

Steve
09-13-16, 09:06 AM
You're welcome.