Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MicroSd Slot
09-07-16, 01:46 PM
MicroSd Slot
I have an eS127 i just installed. I have a Navionics microSd card I placed in slot 1. I bought a new card for updates and data. I tried to load the card in slot 2. The number 2 mSd card slot is designed to have the card placed into the slot with the metal "teeth" up. I tried for 20 minutes to get the card to slide in. I also removed the Navionics card from the top slot and tried to place it in the second slot. Both cards will slide in but will not "click" into place.

I went ahead and updated the software through the top slot. I noticed when I ejected either card in the first slot through the eject command, and pushed it in to release it the screen would freeze. I had to switch the power to the eS127 off using the circuit breaker to get the screen to work. I noticed the freeze issue after the update to the software to version 17.46. I am not sure if the two issues are relate so i listed them both.

I searched the database for an answer to the number 2 slot issue but couldnt find anything. Is this a hardware rpoblem? Is there anything i can do short of taking the eS127 out and sending in for warranty repair?

Thanks,

Nate
Find all posts by this user
09-07-16, 02:04 PM
RE: MicroSd Slot
Hello nharrison5,
Unfortunately, if the card you are using "clicks" into the top slot but not the bottom slot, then it is a hardware issue. It is true that the gold fingers face down when inserted into the top slot and face up when inserted into the bottom slot. The eS127 would have to be sent into Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to have the MicroSD card reader replaced.
09-07-16, 03:57 PM (This post was last modified: 09-08-16 02:23 PM by Mark - Raymarine - Moderator.)
That is too bad. I will de-install it this winter and send back in. Thank you. Nate
09-08-16, 02:24 PM
Your'e welcome. Have a great day!
Thread Closed