Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
E120 Classic Software Update
09-02-16, 09:52 AM
E120 Classic Software Update
Recently received notification of Evolution Autopilot software update. It says that I need MFD software that at least R13+. Downloaded R17 but it is huge...900+meg to my computer. Don't think it'll fit on my 512meg compact flash. Noticed many items in the update that I do not have in my system. Do I delete those from the update? Do I have to get a larger size compact flash?
Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-02-16, 10:18 AM
RE: E120 Classic Software Update
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum mistertj,

The reference to the MFD having software that at least R13+ is referring to the a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs, not to the generations of MFD which preceded them. In the case of legacy MFDs such as yours, you will find files to update your EV-1/2 Sensor Core, ACU, and p70/p70R autopilot control head via an E-Series Classic MFD (ex. E120) on the respective autopilot component's (i.e. EV-1/2, ACU, p70/p70R) software updated web page. When updating the software in Evolution autopilot components, the software within the EV-1/2 Sensor Core should be updated first.
09-04-16, 02:03 PM (This post was last modified: 09-12-16 09:59 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I will update to the latest software revision for my Classic E-120 and then do individual updates for autopilot components. Will I then have the improved R4 performance from my autopilot? :)
09-12-16, 10:02 AM
mistertj,

The Evolution R4 autopilot software enhancements are not dependent upon the version of software installed within the E-Series Classic MFD ... however the E-Series Classic MFD must be updated with v5.69 software to effectively perform as a SeaTalkng device.