Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CP100 network
02-18-16, 05:03 PM
CP100 network
Hi everyone,

I am looking to invest into a CP100 or higher model. My question is:

Can I set the CP100 to work over a regular ethernet/wifi network? My goal here is to use my actual ethernet network without having to pass a second set of cables from the CP100 box to the screen.

If CP100 can`t do it, any model allows it ?

Thanks for your time and answers
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-18-16, 05:19 PM
RE: CP100 network
Welcome to the Rayamrine Technical Forum,

Fishfinder sounder modules (ex. CP100, CP200, CP370, CP470, CP570, etc.) need not be directly interfaced to the Ethernet Network socket of a MFD. Should a HS5 RayNet Network Switch or SeaTalkhs Network Switch or SR6 Sirius Wx / Network Switch (both retired)) have been installed onboard the vessel to support interfacing other Ethernet based devices to your MFD, then the Fishfinder sounder module may also be interfaced to this network switch should it have an unused Ethernet port. If not, then the HS5 RayNet Network Switch may be interfaced to another HS5 RayNet Network Switch to provide the additional Ethernet port required to interface the Fishfinder sounder module.
02-18-16, 09:10 PM (This post was last modified: 02-19-16 09:52 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
So if I understand correctly, I can`t network it with my actual ethernet network ?

Goal here is to be able to use sonar of 2 vessels on the same display while side-to-side... So using standard network equipment would make it easy since there is already a broadband network on board and both vessels are already communicating together..
02-19-16, 09:56 AM
Please note that Raymarine does not recommend combining the marine electronics Ethernet network with that of the boat's other Ethernet network(s), as any resulting latency resulting from loading of the marine electronics' Ethernet network from activity on the boat's Ethernet network(s) may adversely affect the performance of the marine electronics.