Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
gps datum error
09-27-16, 11:46 AM
gps datum error
When I go through the setup commands, specifically the data logs, all items show something besides auto except gps datum.I'm using a miniplex 3wi-2NK multiplexer to deliver the gps data to autopilot, and depth and speed from ST60 triad through seatalk1 to my EV400, newly installed autopilot via SeatalkNG. When I check data logs, each variable defines where the data is coming from. Depth was not coming across and the people at ShipModul, found a firmware problem and fixed that.
Everything is working marvelously, except when I get to data log for gps datum, it searches the network and finds nothing, so all I have is auto, therefore nothing is coming from the gps.

First, how important is ""gps datum'' value to autopilot? How will this loss affect performance? I want to know before I asked ShipModul to fix this problem.

One other item. When I add the rudder sensor to the EV400 system, do I have to reset the system and start over and lose the vessel adaptations the brain has made to the vessel or can I just go to commissioning and just recalibrate the rudder sensor?

Fred
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-27-16, 02:57 PM
RE: gps datum error
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Fred,

Raymarine autopilots require no inputs other than fluxgate compass transducer input and rudder angle transducer input (the latter is actually not required, but will maximize autopilot performance) to operate in Auto mode. Autopilots require only the following additional data inputs to operate in Track mode:
- BTW: Bearing to Waypoint
- DTW: Distance to Waypoint
- WPID: Waypoint ID
- XTE: Cross Track Error

It is minimally recommended that the Evolution autopilot's Dockside Wizard be executed again after installing / replacing a rudder reference transducer.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply