Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frozen screen on MFD a125
09-30-16, 11:31 AM
Frozen screen on MFD a125
Hi

Trying to connect to our Marina network, it froze the screen and I cannot do anything.

The error message I am getting on the screen:

"Unable to connect
has issued an IP address which conflicts with your Raymarine network 10.20.14.49
Please change the access point settings or contact the network administrator"

I have been in contact with 2 Raymarine support persons:
1. Unplug and plug back the power: didn't do anything
2. Reset the system: did it but didn't help

Did anybody had a similar experience?

Thanks!

Daniel / Balajan
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-03-16, 10:16 AM (This post was last modified: 10-03-16 10:16 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Frozen screen on MFD a125
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Daniel,

Per the Forum thread found here, Raymarine MFDs do not presently support connecting to Wi-Fi hot spots using Class A Private Network IP addresses, as such addressing conflicts with that of Raymarine MFDs. That said, this is the first such report of an attempt to connect locking up the MFD in the manner which you have reported. It is recommended that you attempt a power-ON software update (i.e with a microSD memory card having the latest a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD software update files in card's root level directory inserted in the MFD's memory card reader, then power ON the MFD). Should this fail to restore operation of the MFD, then it is recommended that the MFD be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply