Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multiple Mfds to multiple iPads
10-04-16, 12:03 PM
Multiple Mfds to multiple iPads
I am considering two MFDs networked together. I believe that only one iPad or Android can be connected via wifi to a single MFD? If this is the case, if I have two MFDs networked together, can one MFD (the master), be connected to one iPad, and the other MFD be connected at the same time to a different iPad, allowing me to show for example, radar on one iPad and charts on another?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-04-16, 02:16 PM
RE: Multiple Mfds to multiple iPads
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Lazybones,

Q1) I believe that only one iPad or Android can be connected via wifi to a single MFD? If this is the case, if I have two MFDs networked together, can one MFD (the master), be connected to one iPad, and the other MFD be connected at the same time to a different iPad, allowing me to show for example, radar on one iPad and charts on another?
A1) It is indeed possible for two or more mobile devices running a Raymarine Mobile App to simultaneously interact with a single MFD. It is likewise possible for more than one Wi-Fi equipped Raymarine MFD within a network of MFDs to each be connected via Wi-Fi to a mobile device running a Raymarine Mobile App, to permit the screen image and control of each MFD to be viewed/controlled by the mobile devices. This would support having each mobile device potentially display a different MFD function as in the example which you had provided.
10-05-16, 12:45 PM
Great news. Thank you Chuck!
10-05-16, 01:48 PM
You're welcome.