Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for i70 Wind system
10-05-16, 02:51 PM
Looking for i70 Wind system
I am looking for a wind instrument system. Within the last few years I have installed an e7D, depth transducer, speed & temp transducer, and an EV-200. I would now like to install a wind instrument. I looked at the i60 systems, but I would like one based on the i70. As far as I can see, Raymarine does not make an i70 wind. It does make a combined i70 windspeed, & depth, but I don't need all that. I know that I can probable piece together a system, but usually one expect better pricing on a whole system.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-05-16, 05:30 PM
RE: Looking for i70 Wind system
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum,

Contrary to your belief, Raymarine only offers a single version of the i70, now replaced by the i70S. These Multifunction Instrument Displays are designed to be interfaced to a powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng backbone to support repeating a number of different types of data as well as calibration of supported instrument. Should the backbone include an iTC-5 Instrument Transducer Converter, and should a wind transducer be interfaced to the iTC-5, then the i70/i70S would be able to calibrate the wind transducer and then display wind data.

Raymarine combines frequently purchased products into System Packs such as the one which you have referenced. However, Raymarine does not presently offer an i70 Wind-only System Pack.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply