Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
E120 classic
10-14-16, 08:38 AM
E120 classic
I have a E120 classic with broken pins in the chart reader slot . Is this something raymarine will still repair or do I have to go aftermarket . Thanks , Jim
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-14-16, 09:36 AM
RE: E120 classic
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Jim,

Unfortunately, replacement chart readers are no longer available for the C/E-Series Classic MFDs. As Navionics cartography is shared among a network of E-Series Classic MFDs, and should the system include more than one E-Series Classic MFD, and should the MFDs have been interfaced via an Ethernet (SeaTalkhs) Network, then you may want to consider placing your chart card (first inspect the chart card's female pins for broken OFF male pins) into the card reader of another MFD. However, should the system not feature a second E-Series Classic MFD, then the MFD will need to be replaced. If considering replacement of the MFD with an a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD, please lease click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.
10-07-17, 11:30 PM
I also have a broken pin on my 2005 E120 MFD. I have two E120's interfaced with Sea Talk, with one being the master. Do I need to assign the other 120 as the master to utilize the chart card reader on the second MFD? In assigning the second one as the master, do I need to switch any wiring from one FMD to the second?
10-09-17, 08:45 AM
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Eirinnrose,

Q1. I also have a broken pin on my 2005 E120 MFD. I have two E120's interfaced with Sea Talk, with one being the master. Do I need to assign the other 120 as the master to utilize the chart card reader on the second MFD?
A1. Should the two MFDs be interfaced to one another via Ethernet (SeaTalkhs) networking, then these two MFDs will share Navionics cartography data read from the reader of either MFD. However, before attempting to use the chart card in the second MFD it is strongly recommended that the chart card be inspected to ensure that the broken pin from the MFD's memory card reader is not lodged within the female pin(s) of the chart card.

Q2. In assigning the second one as the master, do I need to switch any wiring from one FMD to the second?
A2. There is no need to change the Data Master setting of the MFDs. However, should you at some point in the future elect to change the Data Master setting, then the Data Master MFD will need to be interfaced to the SeaTalk bus and/or SeaTalkng/NMEA 2000 backbone.
10-09-17, 10:06 AM (This post was last modified: 10-09-17 10:22 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks for the quick reply
10-09-17, 10:22 AM
You're welcome.