Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CHANGE C120W TO ES127
10-23-16, 04:59 PM
CHANGE C120W TO ES127
I am helping a friend and we have the following situation:
Currently, the boat has installed the equipment shown in the attachment.
He wants to replace the C120W for ES127, in the attachment shows what we wanted to do.
Is this right?
Can you help us?

Ing, Jorge Luis Pérez
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-24-16, 01:27 PM
RE: CHANGE C120W TO ES127
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Progecon,

While the diagram which you have created is functionally correct, please note that communications between an a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD and C-Series Widescreen MFD will be limited to GPS data, instrument data, navigational, autopilot controls, alarms, and system state data. Cartography, radar imagery, weather imagery, fishfinder imagery, IP camera imagery, and waypoint/route/track data are not capable of being shared between an a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD and a C-Series Widescreen MFD. Should complete sharing of data be required within a dual station installation, then both C-Series Widescreen MFDs would need to be replaced.
10-25-16, 05:41 AM
Thank's for your prompt response. I clearly understood. Since I am going to buy the ES 127 for the cockpit what would be the best option price wise in order to also replace de C90 which I have in the cabin ?

Ing, Jorge Luis Pérez
10-25-16, 08:18 AM
PROGECON,

If seeking a screen of similar size to the C90W and seeking lowest cost, it would be recommended that an a95 MFD be considered.
10-25-16, 08:30 PM
Thanks again for your prompt response.I'm going along with your suggestion on getting the a95 MFD for the cabin. I will like your advice on the following diagram
specially on the AIS 500 connecting this one with the Sea Talk NG. I'll appreciate once again for your advice.

Ing, Jorge Luis Pérez
10-26-16, 09:06 AM (This post was last modified: 10-26-16 09:09 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
PROGECON,

Interfacing an AIS500 to the system via SeaTalkng is completely acceptable, and generally the preferred method of interfacing the AIS650 to the system, as it would then permit AIS data to be present on the SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone for use by i70/i70S MFIDs or third party products supporting use of data from an AIS receiver. However, I'm a little confused about the network switch shown within your diagram. Your diagram appears to show both RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable and a SeaTalkhs (M) to RJ45 Cable connected to it. The SeaTalkhs Network Switch and SR6 Sirius Satellite Weather / Radio Receiver / Network Switch had RJ45 (F) sockets while the HS5 RayNet Network Switch features RayNet (M) sockets. Should a SeaTalkhs Network Switch or SR6 Sirius Satellite Weather / Radio Receiver / Network Switch and SeaTalkhs (M) to RJ45 (M) Cables already be installed onboard the vessel, then these cables may simply be adapted (w/A80160 SeaTalkhs (F) to RayNet (F) Adapter) to be mated to the Network socket of an a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD.
10-26-16, 12:44 PM
Thanks again for your prompt response.
I modify the diagram according to your advice.
I put on the diagram cables and devices that are installed on the sailboat
Could you check it again?

thank you very much

Ing, Jorge Luis Pérez
10-26-16, 01:18 PM
PROGECON,

Your latest diagram appears to be correct.
11-02-16, 07:37 AM
Hi Chuck

Good morning, finally I´m buying both the es127 and the a95. Should I only buy one Navionicis charts for both equipments or should each one
have their own ? . If the answers is yes ( two navionics charts ) should one could be the Navionics + and the other the Platinum ?
I will like to appreciate all your help giving to this matter.

Ing, Jorge Luis Pérez
11-03-16, 09:21 AM
PROGECON,

All system data, including cartography, (except NTSC/PAL analog video) is designed to be shared among networked MFDs. As such, a Navionics chart card would only need to be inserted into reader of one of the MFDs. If seeking to purchase a Platinum+ Chart card, then there would be no need to additionally order one of the MFDs with a Navionic+ chart card unless the vessel will be operated outside of the waters supported by the separately purchased Platinum+ Chart card. If purchasing two MFDs and you will be purchasing one MFD bundled with a Navionic+ chart card, then it is recommended that the second MFD be bundled with LightHouse charts to provide an additional type of cartography to the system.