Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How a Dragonfly display be interfaced to my VHF radio
10-25-16, 10:01 AM (This post was last modified: 01-10-17 03:59 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)

Unlike Raymarine's MFDs, Dragonfly displays do not feature communications interfaces. Accordingly, it would not be possible to interface a Dragonfly display to another marine electronics product (ex. VHF radio, etc.). Those seeking to have Dragonfly's embedded CHIRP (conical) sonar / DownVision sonar and chartplotting capability in a product which additionally features communications interfaces would be advised to consider an ax8 a-Series MFD or an eSx8 eS-Series MFD.

Those seeking to add a GPS sensor (ex. Raystar 130 GPS Sensor, etc.) to a vessel to support providing GPS data to a DSC VHF radio would be advised to seek a GPS sensor having communications interface matching that of the VHF radio to simplify interfacing the products to one another. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how a Raystar 130 GPS Sensor or an a-Series MFD lacking a NMEA 0183 communications interface may in turn be interfaced to a DSC VHF radio requiring GPS data from a source supporting 4800 BAUD NMEA 0183 communications.

RAYFAQ#
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed