Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A68mfd compatible with CP100
10-25-16, 02:22 PM
A68mfd compatible with CP100
I have a A68 unit with a CPT100 transducer on my boat and I am wondering if I can add a CP100 sounder module to help my get a better image and also hold bottom better while moving? Is this possible or is there a better way to get more out of the A68?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-25-16, 02:46 PM (This post was last modified: 10-25-16 02:55 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: A68mfd compatible with CP100
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Mrneng161,

It is recommended that one ensure that the MFD has been updated with v17.45 or later a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD software, as the v17.45 software update included improvements to bottom tracking for MFDs featuring internal CHIRP (conical) / DownVision sonar circuitry.

While it is certainly possible to interface an ax8 MFD to a CP100, doing so would have little, if any, effect upon the sonar performance at planing speeds. The maximum speed that a transom mounted transducer will maintain contact with the bottom is dependent upon hull features, hull deadrise, installation, and transducer design. Accordingly, the maximum speed that the transom mounted transducer will be able to maintain contact with the bottom will vary. We have seen deep V hull installations where bottom contact could be maintained at speeds in excess of 40 mph. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. As indicated within the FAQ, loss of contact with the bottom when operating at planing speeds is typically caused by transducer aeration. If the transducer has been properly installed and dropping the aft end of the transducer a notch or two does not improve performance, then it would be recommended that photos of the transducer installation (see FAQ for suggested views) be attached to any response to this thread.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply