Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
C 97 Updated
10-31-16, 12:15 PM (This post was last modified: 11-01-16 09:38 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
C 97 Updated
I am trying to do an update online. The current version is v15.61. The latest update is v17.46. I get a message that I do not have enough memory. I saved all my WP, routes and tracks. I then deleted them off of the MFD. Still not enough space.

I use Navionic as my chart program. This card has also been removed.

How do I proceed?

1988 Camargue Yacht Fisher
Tom and Kay
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-01-16, 09:37 AM (This post was last modified: 11-01-16 07:25 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: C 97 Updated
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Tom,

When updating the system's software via Wi-Fi network connection to the Internet, downloaded software will be temporarily copied to the MFD's internal memory (if sufficient memory is available) or to a microSD memory card within the MFD's memory card reader (again, if sufficient memory is available). As the MFD software update download is quite large and will not be able to temporarily saved to the MFD's internal memory, it must be saved to a microSD memory card within the MFD's memory card reader. As chart card may already be populated with a significant amount of cartography, it is generally not recommended that the MFD's chart card be used for this purpose. Instead, it is recommended that the chart card(s) be removed from the MFD's memory card reader and that another microSD memory card having a capacity of at least 4 GB be inserted into the MFD's memory card reader.

Note: the v17.46 software zip file is approximately 1 GB in size and will need to be unzipped, requiring that approx. 2 GB of space be available on the microSD memory card.
11-01-16, 05:02 PM (This post was last modified: 11-01-16 07:22 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks Chuck. So once I download update to a SD card, will I have to have that SD card installed all the time or will it let me load the updates to the MFD?-Tom

1988 Camargue Yacht Fisher
Tom and Kay
11-01-16, 07:24 PM
Tom,

Once the software update has completed then the microSD card which had been used to support the software update should be removed from the MFD's memory card reader.