Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Autopilot repair
11-01-16, 07:36 PM
Autopilot repair
Hi,
I recently installed the following components replacing an older SPX30 computer which was faulty.
ACU-200, EV-1 Sensor Core.
I am reusing the ST6002+ Head Controller and hydraulic pump (Type1).
I am getting a "NO Pilot" message on the ST6002.
I have used the SeaTalk to SeaTalkNg converter kit and terminated the backbone.
The ST6002 plugs into the yellow SeaTalk connector, the Ev-1 and ACU plug into the other two white spur connectors.
Power for the backbone comes from the ACU200 via the spur cable.
Am I missing anything here?

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-04-16, 04:37 AM
RE: Autopilot repair
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Bajanfisherman,

What model of MFD (if any) has been installed onboard and interfaced to this system? What version of software is installed within the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter?
11-06-16, 03:16 AM (This post was last modified: 11-06-16 09:06 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hi Chuck,
There is a e97 installed but it was taken out and sent for repairs.
I am awaiting a response on the repairs (repair #20062962).
The S1-STng converter version is 1.21.
11-09-16, 04:14 PM (This post was last modified: 11-09-16 05:00 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Bajanfisherman,

In order to use a ST6002 with an Evolution autopilot, all of the following conditions must exist:
- the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter must be updated with v1.21 or later SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter software
- a p70/p70R Autopilot Control Head (updated with the latest available software) or a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD (updated with the latest available software and the MFD's Autopilot Controls feature must be configured to ON) ... the Dockside Wizard must be performed via a p70/p70R or a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD.
- the ACU and EV-1 Sensor Core must be updated with the latest available software

Unfortunately, product repair information is not available to this Forum. Please click here to view Raymarine's web page where you may request information concerning the status of your product's repair.
11-09-16, 04:48 PM (This post was last modified: 11-09-16 04:57 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks Chuck,
I am getting the repaired e97 tomorrow.
I will re-install and connect up everything and try it on Friday.
I will respond with my findings.

Regards
11-14-16, 08:53 AM (This post was last modified: 11-15-16 10:18 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hi Chuck,

Update:
Re-installed the e97 and connected everything.
e97 recognizes the EV-1 and ACU-200 as well as the ST-STng Converter.
The ST6002 still displays "No Pilot".
How do I get the Dockside Wizard to start using the e97?

Regards
11-15-16, 10:32 AM
Bajanfisherman,

Autopilot control head designs introduced prior to the p70/p70R (ex. ST600x, ST700x, ST800x, ST70, etc.) cannot be used to executed the Dockside Wizard for an Evolution autopilot. However, as the system also features an a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD, then the MFD may be used to execute the Dockside Wizard if it has been updated with the latest available Raymarine product software updates. Pilot Settings and Commissioning via an a/e/e/eS/gS-Seris MFD are addressed within Section 7.10 and 7.11 of the LightHouse MFDs Release 17 Operation Instructions. The command sequence to enter into autopilot set-up is HOME->SET-UP->EXTERNAL DEVICES->PILOT SET-UP->PILOT SETTINGS.
11-15-16, 12:00 PM (This post was last modified: 11-15-16 01:12 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks,
I did find the commissioning and completed.
My only issue now is the "No Pilot" being displayed on the ST6002 display. Any solution for this?
11-15-16, 01:24 PM (This post was last modified: 11-15-16 01:26 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Bajanfisherman,

Should the ST-STng Converter have v1.21 or later software installed within its memory, then the reported problem would be indicative of failed SeaTalk communications. This problem may be rooted within the Evolution autopilot's software not being up to date, a communications circuitry failure within the ST6002 or the ST-STng Converter, a failure within the networking cable interfacing these products to one another, or the manner in which the SeaTalkng backbone has been powered. It is generally recommended that the SeaTalkng backbone be powered from a switched 12VDC power circuit which has been interfaced as a spur to backbone at the approximate mid-point of the backbone's LEN load. Should the problem be rooted in a failure of the communications circuitry, then the problem would be addressed by replacing the ST6002 with a p70/p70R Autopilot Control Head (Raymarine can no longer provide parts and service for the ST600x, ST700x, and ST800x autopilot control heads.