Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Integrating eS98 with old RayData
11-02-16, 12:54 PM
Integrating eS98 with old RayData
I'm installing a new eS98 but would like to keep my old RayData for sounder redudndancy. What would be the best means of integrating the two? NMEA or SeaTalk? Also, any chance the existing transducers will interfere with the new one(s) installed for the eS98? Also came with a NAV 398 and older Raymarine fishfinder but I'm planning to ditch those.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-03-16, 06:53 PM (This post was last modified: 11-04-16 12:26 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Integrating eS98 with old RayData
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum cdre,

It recommended that the legacy instrument designs supporting NMEA 0183 v2.1 or higher which preceded the ST50+ instruments be interfaced via NMEA 0183 communications protocol Raymarine's a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs. That said, the Raydata display does not feature a NMEA 0183 output port and as such would be unsuited to the task of supplying a DSC VHF radio with GPS data. Instead, the DSC VHF radio should be interfaced to the MFD's Port 1 NMEA 0183 output leads. Also, as the Raydata display only features a NMEA 0183 input port, it would have no provision to transmit depth information to the MFD to serve as an alternate source of depth information for the MFD.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply