Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] e7 UniControl Knob for Zooming?
02-22-16, 04:06 PM (This post was last modified: 05-03-18 03:24 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] e7 UniControl Knob for Zooming?
Hello,

Have you had issues with the UniControl knob when using it (rotating) to zoom in and out? it seems to zoom in or out but jumps to zoom varying levels while turning clockwise or counter-clockwise, i have to zoom by using the little magnafying glass (zoom) icon on the screen.
Just wondering, Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-22-16, 04:25 PM
RE: e7 UniControl Knob for Zooming?
Welcome to the Raymarine Technical Forum Technical Forum JeffnDeb,

Should rotation of the MFD's rotary controller not result in incremental changes to the range or operation of menus, then it would indicate that the MFD's unicontroller is failing and it would be recommended that the MFD be serviced by Raymarine's Product Repair Center accordingly.
05-02-18, 04:46 PM (This post was last modified: 05-03-18 03:25 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA] e7 UniControl Knob for Zooming?
Hi. Same thing happened to me. After one year your zoom started unpredictably pushing my display to maximum possible zoom. Raymarine Touch screen is often not working in the rain as an alternative zoom.
05-03-18, 01:32 PM (This post was last modified: 05-03-18 03:25 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA] e7 UniControl Knob for Zooming?
Broacher2,

Unfortunately, it appears that your MFD's UniController has suffered a failure necessitating that it be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced. Raymarine's products carry a two year warranty which is increased to three years upon registering one's products within 30 days of purchase. Upon completion of the inspection, Raymarine's Product Repair Center will contact you with the cost of repairing the product.