Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
daisy chain question
11-06-16, 10:07 AM
daisy chain question
Due to the location of my Raystar 130 and the P70 autopilot control it would be great if I could daisy chain the 130 through the P70 with spur cables rather than running two long spure cables, (Raystar 130 and P70 at the back of the boat). Would this set up cause any problems.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-10-16, 02:58 PM
RE: daisy chain question
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Jharvey1215,

The maximum total length of a SeaTalkng spur is 6m. As the Raystar 130 GPS Sensor's Cable is 6m in length, daisy chaining it to another device would result in creating a total spur length which exceeds this stated maximum total length. Accordingly, the Raystar 130 GPS Sensor's Cable must directly connected to a spur socket within the SeaTalkng backbone.
11-13-16, 08:06 PM
Thanks Chuck,
Are you saying it is ok to daisy chain the two as long as I do not exceed the 6M spur length? I would not use the spur that came with the RS130. I would use a 3M spur from the 5 way hub to the P70 and then a 1M from the P70 to the RS130.
11-15-16, 10:16 AM
Jharvey1215,

Should you elect to use a shorter SeaTalkng spur cable with the Raystar 130 GPS Sensor and the total length of the spur cables be less than 6m, then the RS130 GPS Sensor may be daisy chained to the to p70 Autopilot Control Head.