Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
vmg/ true apparent wind not showing on c127 and st60+
11-09-16, 10:28 AM
vmg/ true apparent wind not showing on c127 and st60+
Installed a c127 chart plotter . ev100 auto pilot, st60+ wind
my speed is a standard Horizon 150
I have tried sending talker from speed to nema input on c 127 no read.
I also tried connecting to st60+(+,-, yellow talker ) directly via sea talk on instrument.
still no vmg etc.
please advise thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-16, 07:53 PM
RE: vmg/ true apparent wind not showing on c127 and st60+
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum wadadli,

In order calculate True Wind and VMG, the system must be supplied with each of the following data items:
- apparent wind speed
- apparent wind direction
- heading
- speed through water

It would appear that there may be a problem with your NMEA 0183 speed instrument's NMEA 0183 transmissions. Your MFD may be configured to transmit/receive NMEA 0183 data at either 4800 BAUD (default setting) or 38400 BAUD (most commonly used with AIS receivers) from a talker supporting NMEA 0183 v2.1 or higher protocol. It is recommended that your NMEA 0183 talker producing speed be tested accordingly and per its manufacturer's instructions. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how the MFD's NMEA 0183 port may be tested.
11-10-16, 10:50 PM (This post was last modified: 11-11-16 02:47 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
As of now I have the standard horizon 150 speed spliced into the stng ( three prong port ) on the raymarine wind indicator
there are three wires , black(-) red(+) and yellow( talker) vmg etc.
is not showing
I have been told the wind instrument needs to be able to read the speed through water in order to calculate vmg etc.
however , I can connect directly to c127 ? this would be on a listener leg at 3400 or 4800 baud? port 1 or 2
Also does the chart plotter need to be on the same circut as the other instruments
11-11-16, 07:48 PM (This post was last modified: 11-15-16 02:55 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hi Thanks for the notes.
So a few questions.
Should I hook up the standard horizon sl150 directly to the c127 chartplotter ? which port is preferable? can I still grab power for speedo from the the st60+ ?
so the talker should go to chart plotter not to the st60+ wind?
baud rate ?
as of now it is wired in the st on the st60+ using the " three pronged port" and I am not reading vmg/ apparent wind
thanks
11-15-16, 03:02 PM
wadadli,

Unfortunately, a search of the Internet did not yield any product which could be positively identified as a "standard Horizon 150". In order to provide guidance concerning how to interface the your Raymarine equipment to a third party product, we're going to need accurate information concerning the make/model of third party product(s) which will be interfaced to the Raymarine equipment. Is it possible that you actually own a Standard Horizon CP150 GPS Chartplotter?