Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yamaha command link engine ID problem
12-13-16, 11:10 AM (This post was last modified: 12-13-16 02:26 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Yamaha command link engine ID problem
I successfully got the V1.12 on to the ECI-100. I'm sure that all mfd settings are at
2 engines. (customize etc)
I can ID both engines. When I start the port engine it comes up fine on the engine data screen. Then when I start the starboard engine it comes up fine on the data screen.
At that point the port engine data locks up and then disappears.
I've tried going through all steps several times.
At one point before I started installing updates to Raymarine E127 I was getting both engines to read data just fine.
I need a hug and a hat at this point.
What's next?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-13-16, 02:27 PM
Bill,

Per our conversation, it is recommended that the ECI-100 be sent to my attention via Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be reset.
01-11-17, 06:44 PM (This post was last modified: 01-12-17 09:21 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I got the unit back and it's working. The reset did improve things. The problem is that the only way I can get it to display both engines is if I start with the starboard engine rather than port. It then sees the port engine as if it's the starboard one. I've gone through the proceedure many times. For now I've been able to at least swap the display around so the starboard (port) engine is on the left. I think it may be the fact that the ECI-100 is getting power from the port ignition switch. Eventually I'm going to move the power source away from the ignition entirely and see what happens. Thanks
01-12-17, 09:21 AM
Bill,

You're welcome and thanks for the feedback.