Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wiring question
11-16-16, 10:58 AM
Wiring question
Hello Chuck,
I am wiring up my new Raymarine system and had a question about the power supply:
My plan is to connect the positive wires from the radar, two MFD's, and Seatalkng 5-way connector (for the power supply to the EV-1) to a single circuit breaker (through a dedicated positive bus to prevent crowding on the breaker). Do you see any problems doing the connections this way? Also, will there be any power draw by the radar if the radar is not turned on by the master MFD; i.e., do I need a separate switch to turn off power to the radar?
Thank you in advance for your advice.
Regards,
Bob
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-16-16, 02:53 PM
RE: Wiring question
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Bob,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing installation of power circuits for marine electronics. Raymarine radar products will consume power, albeit low consumption, when the radar scanner has been configured to OFF via the MFD. As indicated within the referenced FAQ, it is considered a best practice dedicate a circuit to the radomes and radar pedestals. If powering these items via a bus as you have suggested, care must be taken to ensure that each device's circuit is properly fused.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply