Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dragonfly 6
02-23-16, 08:53 AM (This post was last modified: 02-23-16 09:01 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Dragonfly 6
After owning my Dragonfly 6 for about 2 years now. I went out one day to fish, went to power on the unit, and nothing. I checked the battery connections to make sure everything was good, as I had charged the battery the night before and it was relatively new. All I got was the initial beep when powering on the unit then, nothing. Nothing I could do would get the unit to turn on. I called customer support and sent the unit in for repair. About two weeks later I received a "refurbished" unit back as my original unit had "massive hardware failure" according to Raymarine. After installing the new updates I was ready to go. While out on the water I had a tough time with the unit because it wouldn't track the bottom. Any time the unit saw something coming up off the bottom, it would follow it up and my depth would change. This was incredibly frustrating and I didn't think there was any hope. Then v12.09 came along and seems to fix ALL of the troubles that the Dragonflies had!!! I'm a VERY happy customer now and look forward to new products from Raymarine! Once again, thanx Raymarine!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-23-16, 09:03 AM
RE: Dragonfly 6
Welcome to the Raymarine Technical Forum spdmtl,

Thanks for sharing your success story and feedback regarding the bottom tracking performance improvement associated with the Dragonfly v12.09 software update.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply