Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Airmar H2183 connection via STNg to slaved e95
11-28-16, 02:50 PM
Airmar H2183 connection via STNg to slaved e95
I purchased the Airmar H2183 and will install into my current Raymarine architecture. I am running dual e95s, SR6 network, and one backbone kit. Based on my current software for the e95s (believe 14.xx or 15.xx) I should be able to connect the Airmar H2183 via 0183 or STNg. I would like to connect via STNg, but the only port I have available (without buying a second backbone and associated cabling) is into the slaved e95 as my current backbone goes into master e95 via STNg spur. My question is, if this will work or should I go with a second backbone or lastly connect via 0183?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-28-16, 03:35 PM
RE: Airmar H2183 connection via STNg to slaved e95
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Pavetwist,

If opting to interface the Airmar H2183 to your system as a NMEA 2000 device, a second backbone would neither be required nor be added to the system in the manner which you have specified. Should each of the currently installed SeaTalkng backbone's spur sockets be in use, then an additional spur socket would need to be added to the SeaTalkng backbone. This would be accomplished by removing one of the backbone's blue SeaTalkng Termination Plugs from the backbone socket that it is presently connected to. The SeaTalkng Termination Plug would then be connected to the blue backbone socket of an A06028 SeaTalkng T-Piece or an A06064 SeaTalkng 5-Way Connector which in turn would be connected to unused blue backbone socket of the currently installed backbone via an appropriate length of SeaTalkng Backbone Cable. Raymarine offers SeaTalkng to DeviceNet (M) and SeaTalkng to DeviceNet (F) Adapters to support interfacing third party NMEA 2000 devices featuring DeviceNet Micro-C plugs and sockets to a SeaTalkng backbone.

Alternatively, the H2183 may be interfaced to the NMEA 0183 input port of either MFD. All system data and resources (except for NTSC/PAL video sources) are shared among a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs which have been interfaced to one another via an Ethernet network.
11-29-16, 11:10 AM
Appreciate the help. I have ordered the appropriate cables and will go with the T-Connector option.
11-29-16, 11:45 AM
You're welcome.